Direct answer to questions on Industry Savvy



The purpose of any interview is to give the interviewer an accurate picture of you. The interviewer wants to know what makes you unique and where you’ve been on your career path. Using appropriate words and phrases will assist you in getting the necessary information across. This chapter focuses on the topics of you and your knowledge, providing you with words and phrases to help you create an accurate picture for the interviewer


Here in this section we will discuss and learn how to answer questions on Industry Savvy



1. What industry experience do you have that qualifies you to do this job?

2. What can you bring to this job from your previous experience?

3. How does this job compare and contrast with what you have done in the past?




1. What industry experience do you have that qualifies you to do this job?

My knowledge and experience in this industry encompasses a total of 10 years. I see real value in my years of experience with a company that has similar customers and contacts. I have built strong relationships throughout my career that will help me hit the ground running at this company.

I consider myself an expert in the field of data mining. As you can see from my résumé, I have worked nationally and internationally as a consultant. I have worked with Fortune 500 companies as well as small start-ups. I have a broad scope of experience and expertise to pull from to analyze and solve problems of a broad scope.

I’ve been interested in working for your company for some time. I have extensive experience in the fashion industry and know that sales are on the soft side right now because of economic conditions. I also know that you have a new product set to launch by the end of the year. I am interested in becoming a key contributor. I want to be part of the team that makes this company a stronger contender in today’s challenging market.


2. What can you bring to this job from your previous experience?


My extensive experience and educational background qualify me as an expert. My wide range of experiences in both the education system as well as the business sector allows me to have a broader view of how a school system can be run like a business. My past success and accomplishments speak for the value I can bring to this type of position.

I have made some long-lasting relationships with customers by building rapport through trust. I pride myself on my customer service skills, including follow-through and experience. I am very thorough, with strong attention to detail. I enjoy thinking ‘outside the box’ and coming up with new ways to look at old problems—either on my own or as a team member.

My successes in customer service have made me one of the top producers in my company. I have customers who ask for me specifically when they have problems because they know that I will listen and do whatever I can to resolve the situation.


3. How does this job compare and contrast with what you have done in the past?


This job is very similar in that I would be selling to a similar customer base. The contrast would be the nature of the product and your company’s reputation in standing behind the product. I believe that, armed with these additional tools, I can bring very good results to the territory and company.

The company is different and the product is new, but I know I have what it takes to do this job. In my last position within two months of being hired I was on the top performer list.

The job I was performing in my last company was almost a perfect match with this job. I really loved that job and was sorry when I was laid off. The company went through many changes, and eventually my job was affected. What I liked most about the job was that I worked in a team environment with some really great people. I know that this job has a similar team environment, and that’s why I’m interested in pursuing the opportunity.










Post a Comment

 
Top