Strengths

Direct answer to questions on Industry Strengths


The purpose of any interview is to give the interviewer an accurate picture of you. The interviewer wants to know what makes you unique and where you’ve been on your career path. Using appropriate words and phrases will assist you in getting the necessary information across. This chapter focuses on the topics of you and your knowledge, providing you with words and phrases to help you create an accurate picture for the interviewer
http://job-interview-answer.blogspot.com/http://job-interview-answer.blogspot.com/

how to answer interview questions on strengths


Here in this section we will discuss and learn how to answer questions on Strengths


1. What do you consider your strengths?2. What can you bring to this job from your previous experience?3. How does this job compare and contrast with what you have done in the past?


1. What do you consider your strengths?


I have several strengths I can bring to this job. First of all my background—experience and education—are a perfect fit for this position. Second, I have excellent written and oral communication skills. And last, I am very flexible and adaptable to new situations.

One of the strongest points is my ability to work with a diversity of people. Regardless of the situation, I have the ability to adapt and work under any circumstances. In my last job I worked in a small room with 13 people all speaking various languages, and still managed to stay focused.

My strength is my ability to remain calm in chaotic situations. I have had to keep my cool in every job I have ever held. Fast-paced environments are no longer a challenge to me; they are a way of life. I manage to stay cantered no matter what is happening, and as a result the people around me feel calmer.”


2. What skill has been praised or rewarded in your past jobs?


I have an outstanding record of error-free calculations for my customers. When it comes to money, people don’t like mistakes. I pride myself on my ability to be very detail oriented when it comes to figures.

A major strength of mine is my ability to forecast expenditures for budget planning. This has been very important in my success and has kept various managers within their spending limits.”

I am a proven performer when it comes to connecting with doctors and getting them to recommend my products to patients. As for my appraisals, I have always been a high achiever no matter where I have worked.


3. What skills can you bring from your previous jobs?


I have worked effectively in three different industries and have been able to make the transition with minimum downtime. My ability to learn quickly and ‘hit the ground running,’ has made a huge impact on my career.

One of the skills that I take pride in is my ability to listen to people and really hear what they say. I consider this to be key in sales. Before I even think of selling someone something, I find out what the needs are.

My key strengths are my strong analytical skills and my ability to use those skills to see all sides of a problem.
Problem solving is my strength and greatest asset.


4. Give me an example of a time when you used your strength to achieve results.


My strength as an employee is my dependability. There was a situation in which I was on call to cover any computer disasters over the weekend. A call came in, and I was not the technician closest to the company involved but I could see that no one else was responding. I had weekend plans but considered my job first. I responded to the call four hours before anyone else and was able to prevent downtime for the company on Monday morning.

Working for an executive who was out of town a great deal of time, I often made decisions based on my judgment. There was one incident when I had to make a decision about calling a meeting off or trying to get someone else to cover the meeting for my boss in his absence. I made a few critical calls and was able to avoid cancelling a meeting that would have involved out-of-town executives. Everyone, including my boss, was grateful for my quick thinking and judgment.

how to answer interview questions on strengths

My knowledge of construction and the laws and regulations—county, state, and federal—saved one company that I worked for a great deal of money. Working as a consultant, I was able to see that one project was in danger of violating several building codes. I was able to make suggestions to bring the project to code and as a result saved the company money in building costs and as well as fines.

Post a Comment

 
Top